Besides the traditional services of Borrowing and Renewing of Library resources for readers possessing a library membership card, the following are the Library outreach services:
1. Reference Services: Dr.Tulsi Das Library takes into account the need and values of its patrons while providing reference services and research assistance to its students, faculty and staff of PGIMER along with its community users. The library professionals are perceiving the core values and functions of the reference services; presently being provided 24*7 through telephones, internet, e-mail, resource-sharing and so on.
2. Current Awareness Services: In order to keep faculty, scholars, researchers, and health care practitioners informed about the latest information of their interest is being done through internet services/ notice boards by way of providing:A. List of journals received in the library.
B. Recent additions of Books.
C. Newspaper Clippings, news of interest.
3. Internet/Wi-Fi Services: The Institute library offers free internet browsing and wireless access in the premises of library. The library has over 25-30 Desktop computers located in the computer section of the Library for internet surfing for its valued clientele. We also offer wireless coverage on the laptops at all floors of the library.
4. Selective Dissemination of Information: The library provides Selective Information service which refers to tools and resources used to keep a user informed of new resources on specified topics.
5. Inter Library Loan/Document Delivery Services: The institute library provides facility of Inter Library Loan/Document Delivery for their patrons from DELNET (Delhi Library Network) on payment basis. The library professionals also provide articles, books /journals on loan through resource sharing from neighboring libraries of which membership has been taken (British Library). On request by the faculty, the library professionals ensure that the document is delivered as and when required by them.
6. Marketing of the Services & Subscribed Products of Institute Library: The library professional is deputed on the job of out reaching to its clientele regarding the services rendered, subscription and how to use the Online Medical Journal/Books Databases through orientation to the new comers who join the institute as residents, research scholars and students. Orientation regarding check-in/check-out details, building of search strategy, use of PUBMED, use of various software’s like Turnitin for Plagiarism, SPS software for statistics and other varied services is given in the Research Methodology and Biostatistics Courses for MD/MS/PhD students held by the Post graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Department of Experimental Medicine & Biotechnology, Chandigarh.
7. Reprographic & Scanning Services: Value added services like Photocopying Service of materials available in the library is provided for educational/ research purpose only to the staff and students of the Institute; scanner services are available in the library to facilitate colour images for presentation purposes and other academic activities.
8. Library Orientation Services: The institute library provides the user orientation programmes for new admissions to nursing students, undergraduate students of various disciplines, MD/MS/Ph.D students in research methodology programme as, “ How to Use: ICT Based Library Services”
9. Institutional Membership of DELNET and British Council Library Chandigarh.
10. A Learning Resource Centre: The Institute Library plays a significant role to serve the faculty members, residents, research fellows, staff and students as a centre of learning. The library with its rich collection of printed as well as Electronic resources includes Journals/Books, theses, CDs/DVDs-journals, etc. With this vast collection of knowledge resources and the expertise of library professionals, library provides a platform for education, research and learning for the medical community in their intellectual pursuits to support patient care. The library professionals play a vital role in promoting the institute library resources for support of research, education through orientation programmes, Telemedicine , new trends like evidence based practice in medicine, as content providers and setting up of Institutional Repositories
11. Supporting Research: The library is also rendereing various value added services to its clientele as a means of supporting reserach. Different softwares have been purchased by the library on demand of users to support their research namely: Turnitin as anti plagiarism software, SPSS for systematic analysis/calculations of data, EndNote as a reference manager while performing searches irrespective of what the purpose of search is for, various application softwares for mobile use e.g Uptodate s/w.
Web OPAC Search