1. Fu SH,Jha P, Gupta PC,Kumar R,Dikshit R, Sinha D. Geospatial Analysis on the Distributions of Tobacco Smoking and Alcohol Drinking in India. PLoSOne 2014 DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0102416.
2. Prinja S, Jeet G, Verma R, Kumar D, Bahuguna P, Kaur M, Kumar R. Economic Analysis of Delivering Primary Health Care Services through Community Health Workers in 3 North Indian States. PLoS OneMarch 13, 2014 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0091781
3. Desai N, Aleksandrowicz L, Miasnikof P, Lu Y, Leitao J, Byass P, Tollman S, Mee P, Alam D, Rathi SK, Singh A, Kumar R, Ram F, Jha P. Performance of four computer-coded verbal autopsy methods for cause of death assignment compared with physician coding on 24,000 deaths in low- and middle-income countries. BMC Medicine 2014;12:20.
4. Sagar V, Bergmann R, Nerlich A, McMillan DJ, Nitsche-Schmitz DP, Fulde M, Talay S, Geffers R, Hoe N, Kumar R, Rohde M, Chakraborti A, Chhatwal GS. Differences in virulence repertoire and cell invasive potential of Group A Streptococcus emm1-2 in comparison to emm1 genotype. Int J Med Microbiol. 2014 May 6. doi: 10.1016/j.ijmm.2014.04.011
5. Gupta R, Islam S, Mony P, Kutty VR, Mohan V, Kumar R, Thakur J, Shankar VK, Mohan D, Vijayakumar K, Rahman O, Yusuf R, Iqbal R, Shahid M, Mohan I, Rangarajan S, Teo KK, Yusuf S. Socioeconomic factors and use of secondary preventive therapies for cardiovascular diseases in South Asia: The PURE study. Eur J PrevCardiol. 2014 Jun 18. pii: 2047487314540386.
6. Montgomery AL,Ram U,Kumar R,Jha P,for theMillionDeathStudyCollaborators. Maternal mortality in India: causes and healthcare service use based on a nationally representative survey. PLoS One 2014; 9(1): e83331.
7. Aleksandrowicz L, Malhotra V, Dikshit R, Gupta PC, Kumar R, Sheth J, Rathi SK, Suraweera W, Miasnikof P, Jotkar R, Sinha D, Awasthi S, Bhatia P, Jha P. Performance criteria for verbal autopsy-based systems to estimate national causes of death: development and application to the Indian Million Death Study. BMC Medicine 2014; 12:21
8. Lear S, Teo K, Gasevic D, Zhang X, Poirier PP, Rangarajan S, Seron P, Kelishadi R, Tamil AM, Kruger A, Iqbal R, Swidan H, Gómez-Arbeláez D, Yusuf R, Chifamba J, Kutty VR, Karsıdag K, Kumar R, Li W, Szuba A, Avezum A, Diaz R, Anand SS, Rosengren A, Yusuf S, on behalf of the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) study. The association between ownership of common household devices and obesity and diabetes in high, middle and low income countries. Canadian Medical Journal 2014; DOI:10.1503 /cmaj.131090
9. Prinja S, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Bahuguna P, Bhandari N, Mohan P, Hombergh H, Kumar R. Cost of Delivering Child Health Care Through Community Level Health Workers: How Much Extra Does IMNCI Program Cost? Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 2013;59(6):489-95.
10. Ram U, Jha P, Ram F, Kumar K, Awasthi S, Shet A, Pader J, Nansukusa S, Kumar R. Indias Progress in Reducing Under-5 Mortality in 597 Districts from 2001 to 2012: Estimates from National Demographic and Mortality Surveys. Lancet Global Health 2013;1:e219.
11. Singh M, Das RR, Kumar L, Kumar R. BacilleCalmette-Guérin vaccination is associated with lower prevalence of allergic diseases in Indian children.Am J Rhinol Allergy 2013;27(4):e107-12.
12. Sharma SK, Kumar R, Aggarwal R, Lakshmi PVM, Jain K. The Impact of Temperature on Mortality in Ludhiana City, India: A Time Series Analysis. International Journal of Environmental Sciences 2013;3(6): 2323-38.
13. MorrisSK, Awasthi S, Kumar R, Shet A, Khera A, Nakhaee M, Ram U, Brandao JRM, and Jha P for the MDS Collaborators. Measles mortality in high and low burden districts of India: Estimates from a nationally representative study of over 12 000 child deaths. Vaccine, 2013;31(41):4655-61
14. Lakshmi PVM, Virdi NK, Sharma A, Tripathy JP, Smith KR, Bates MN, Kumar R. Household Air Pollution and Stillbirths in India: Analysis of the DLHS-II National Survey. Environmental Research 2013;121:17-22.
15. Dale JB, Fischetti VA, Carapetis JR, Steer AC, Sow S, Kumar R, et al. Group A streptococcal vaccines: Paving a path for accelerated development. Vaccine. 2013;31Suppl 2:B216-22.
16. Aggarwal AK, Kumar P, Pandit S, Kumar R. Accuracy of WHO Verbal Autopsy Tool in Determining Major Causes of Neonatal Deaths in India. PLOS One 2013 10.1371
17. Aloia CR, Gasevic D, Yusuf S, Teo K, Chockalingam A, Patro BK, Kumar R, Lear SA. Differences in perceptions and fast food eating behaviours between Indians living in high- and low-income neighbourhoods of Chandigarh, India.Nutr J. 2013;12(1):4.
18. Montgomery AL, Morris SK, Bassani DG, Kumar R, Jotkar R, Jha P.Factors Associated with Physician Agreement and Coding Choices of Cause of Death Using Verbal Autopsies for 1130 Maternal Deaths in India. PLoS One 2012;7(3):e33075.
19. Dhanda V, Chaudhary P, Toor D, Kumar R, Chakraborti A. Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of beta haemolytic Group A, C and G Streptococci isolated from North India. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2012 Nov 8.
20. Suraweera W, Morris SK, Kumar R, Warrell DA, Warrell MJ, Jha P for the Million Death Study Collaborators. Deaths from symptomatically identifiable furious rabies in India: A nationally representative mortality survey. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2012; 6(10): e1847.
21. Morris SK, Awasthi S, Khera A, Bassani DG, Kang G, Parashar UD, Kumar R, Shet A, Glass RI, and Jha P for the MDS Collaborators. Rotavirus Mortality in India: Estimates Based on a Nationally Representative Survey of Diarrheal Deaths. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2012. BLT.12.101873
22. IPEN Study Group. Injection practices in India. WHO South-East Asia Journal of Public Health 2012;1:189-200.
23. Jindal SK, Aggarwal AN, Gupta D, Agarwal R, Kumar R, Kaur T, Chaudhry K, Shah B, and INSEARCH Study Group. Indian study on epidemiology of asthma, respiratory symptoms and chronic bronchitis in adults (INSEARCH). International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases 2012;16:1270-1277.
24. Dikshit R, Gupta PC, Ramasundarahettige C, Gajalakshmi V, Aleksandrowicz L, Badwe R, Kumar R, Roy S, Suraweera W, Bray F, Mallath M, Singh PK, Sinha DN, Shet A, Gelband H, Jha P. Cancer mortality in India: a nationally representative survey. Lancet 2012 March 27.
25. Kaur M, Prinja S, Singh PK, Kumar R. Decentralization of health services in India: Barriers and facilitating factors. WHO South-East Asia Journal of Public Health 2012;1: 94-104.
26. Gupta M, Prinja S, Kumar R, Kaur M. Hib vaccine introduction in universal immunization schedule: whether a cost effective strategy in a North Indian state. Health Planning and Policy 2012; 8 March: doi: 10.1093/heapol/czs025.
27. Mohan P, Kishore B, Singh S, Bahl R, Puri A, Kumar R. Assessment of implementation of the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness (IMNCI) in India. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2011;29:629-638.
28. Toor D, Leal K, Kumar R, Sharma YP, Chakraborti A. Association of HLA-DRB1*14 with Rheumatic Heart Disease patients from Chandigarh, North India. Biomarkers 2011; December 29.
29. Prinja S, Bahuguna B, Pinto AD, Sharma A, Bharaj G, Kumar V, Tripathy JP, Kaur M, Kumar R. Cost of Universal Health Care in India: A Model Based Estimate. PLoS One 2012;7(1): e30362.
30. KumarR, KumarD, JagnoorJ, AggarwalAK, LakshmiPVM. Epidemiological Transition in a Rural Community of Northern India: Eighteen-Year Mortality Surveillance Using Verbal Autopsy. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2011; November 2: doi:10.1136/jech-2011-200336.
31. Arora P, Nagelkerke N, Sgaier S, Kumar R, Dhingra N, Jha P. HIV, HSV-2 and syphilis among married couples in India: Patterns of discordance and concordance. Sexually Transmitted Infection 2011;87:516-520.
32. Gaffey MF, Venkatesh S, Dhingra N,Khera A, Kumar R, Arora P,Nagelkerke N, Jha P. Male use of female sex work in India: a nationally representative behavioural survey. PLoS One 2011 2011;6(7):e22704.
33. Kumar R, Mehendale SM, Panda S, Venkatesh S, Lakshmi PVM, Kaur M, Prinja S, Singh T, Virdi NK, Bahuguna P, Sharma AK, Singh S, Godbole S, Risbud A, Manna B, Thirumagal V, Roy T, Sogarwal R and Pawar NK. Impact of Targeted Interventions on Heterosexual Transmission of HIV in India. BMC Public Health 2011;11:549
34. Morris SK, Bassani DG, Awasthi S, Kumar R, Shet A, Suraweera W, Jha P for the MDS Collaborators. Diarrhoea, Pneumonia, and Infectious Disease Mortality in Children Aged 5 to 14 Years in India: Estimates from a Nationally Representative Mortality Survey of 1.1 Million Homes. PLoS One 2011;6(5):e20119.
35. Prinja S, Bahuguna P, Rudra S, Gupta I, Kaur M, Mehendale, Chatterjee S, SM, Panda S, Kumar R. Cost Effectiveness of Targeted HIV Prevention Interventions for Female. Sexually Transmitted Infections 2011;87:354-61.
36. Lawn JE, Blencowe H, Pattinson R, Cousens S, Kumar R, Ibiebele I, Gardosi J, Day LT, Stanton C. Stillbirth - Where? When? Why? How to make the data count? Lancet 2011;377(9775):1448-63.
37. Montgomery AL, Morris SK, Kumar R, Jotkar R, Mony P, et al. Capturing the context of maternal deaths from verbal autopsies: A reliability study of the maternal data extraction tool (M-det). PloS One 2011;6(2):e14637
38. Lakshmi PVM, Kaur N, Thakur JS, Smith K, Bates MN, Kumar R. Biomass fuel and risk of tuberculosis: a case control study from northern India. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2012;66:457.
39. Million Death Study Collaborators, Bassani D, Kumar R, Awasthy S, et al. Causes of neonatal and child mortality in India: nationally representative mortality survey. Lancet 2010;376(9755):1853-60
40. Aggarwal AK, Jain V, Kumar R. Validity of verbal autopsy for ascertaining the causes of stillbirths. Bulletin of the World Health Organization2011;89:31-40.
41. Sgaier SK, Mony P, McLaughlin C, Jayakumar S, Kumar R, Bhatia P, and Jha P. Prevalence and Correlates of Herpes Simplex Virus-2 and Syphilis infection in the General Population in India. Sexually Transmission Infection 2010; Nov. 8.
42. Bakshi DK, Dhanda V, Sagar V, Toor D, Kumar R, Chakraborti A. emm 81, the predominant Group A Streptococcus from North India in year 2003 in context to adhesion, invasion and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern. Journal of Bacteriology and Parasitology 2010:1(1).
43. Morris SK, Bassani DG, Kumar R, Awasthi S, Paul VK, and Jha P. Factors Associated With Physician Agreement on Verbal Autopsy of over 27000 Childhood Deaths In India. PLoS Plus 2010; 5(3): e9583
44. Bassani D, Jha P, Dhingra N, Kumar R. Child mortality from solid-fuel use in India: a nationally-representative case-control study. BMC Public Health 2010,10:491
45. Jha P, Kumar R, Khera A, Bhattacharya M, Arora P, Gajalakshmi P, Bhatia P, Kam D, Bessani D, Sulivan A, Suraveera W, McLaughlin C, Dhingra N, Nagelkerke N, on behalf of Million Death Study Collaborators. HIV mortality and infection in India: estimates from a nationally-representative mortality survey of 1.1 million homes.British Medical Journal2010; 340:c621.
46. Thakur JS, Prinja S, Singh D, Rajwanshi A, Prasad R, Parwana HK, Kumar R.Adverse Reproductive and child health outcomes among people living near highly toxic waste water drains in Punjab, India.J Epidemiol Community Health 2010:64:148-154
47. Prinja S, Gupta M, Singh A, Kumar R. Effectiveness of Decentralized Program Planning and Management in Improving Age Appropriate Immunizations in a Rural Area of India. Bulletin of World Health Organization, 2010; 88: 81-160.
48. Thakur JS, Pala S, Sharma Y, Jain S, Kumari S, Kumar R. Integrated non-communicable disease control program in a northern part of India: Lessons from a demonstration project in low resource settings of a developing country. CVD Prevention and Control 2009; 4: 193-199
49. Sekhar S, Kumar R, Chakraborti A. Role of biofilm formation in persistent colonization of H. influenzae in children of northern India. J Med Microbiol.2009; 58(Pt 11):1428-32
50. Jagnoor J, Ivers R, Kumar R, Jha P. Fire-related deaths in India- How accurate are the estimates? Lancet 2009; 374(9684):117.
51. Corsi SJ, Bessani DG, Kumar R, Awasthi S, Jotkar R, Kaur N, Jha P. Gender inequity and age-appropriate immunization coverage in India between 1192 to 2006. BMC International Health and Human Rights 2009; 9 (Suppl 1): SX doi 10.1186/1472-698X-9-SI-SX
52. Kumar D, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. The effect of interrupted 5-day training on Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness on the knowledge and skills of primary health care workers.Health Policy Planning2009; 24: 94-100.
53. Joshi K, Thakur JS, Kumar R, Singh A, Pallab R, Jain S, Varma S. Epidemiological features of pneumonic plague outbreak in Himachal Pradesh. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2009;103: 455-460.
54. Prinja S, Kumar R. Reducing health inequality in a generation: a dream or reality? Bulletin of World Health Organization 2009; 87: 84.
55. Thakur JS, Rao BT, Rajvanshi A, Parwana HK, Kumar R. Epidemiological study of high cancer among rural agricultural community of Punjab in northern India. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2008; 5: 339-407.
56. Sagar V, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, and Chakraborti A. Comparative analysis of emm type pattern of Group A Streptococcus throat and skin isolates from India and their association with closely related SIC, a streptococcal virulence factor. BMC Microbiology 2008, 8:150
57. Arora P, Kumar R, Khera A, Bhattacharya M, Negelker N, Jha P. Tends in HIV incidence in India from 2000-2007. Lancet 2008; 372: 289-290.
58. Sekhar S, Chakraborti A, Kumar R. Haemophilusinfluenzae colonization and its risk factors among less than two year old children in Northern India. Epidemiology and Infection 2008; 12: 1-5.
59. Gupta M, Thakur JS, Kumar R. Reproductive and Child Health Inequities in Chandigarh Union Territory of India. Journal of Urban Health, 2008; 85: 291-9.
60. Jha P, Jacob B, Gajalakshmi V, Gupta PC, Dhingra N, Kumar R, Sinha DN, Dikshit RP, Parida DK, Kamadod R, Boreham J, Peto R for the RGI-CGHR investigators. A nationally representative case control study of tobacco and death in India. The New England Journal of Medicine, 2008; 358: 1137-47.
61. Kumar A, Sidhu P, Nautiyal J, Rautray TR, Sudarshan M, Kumar R, Singh N, Garg ML, Dhawan DK. Elemental analysis of aerosol samples collected from an industrial and a non-industrial town of Punjab (India) using PIXE technique. J Environ SciEng, 2007;49(1):41-7.
62. Nautiyal J 3rd, Garg ML, Kumar MS, Khan AA, Thakur JS, Kumar R. Air pollution and cardiovascular health in mandi-gobindgarh, punjab, India - a pilot study. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 2007; 4: 268-82.
63. Sgaier SK, Jha P, Mony P, Kurpad A, Lakshmi V, Kumar R, Ganguly NK. Public health Biobanks in developing countries: needs and feasibility. Science. 2007; 318(5853):1074-5.
64. Singhi P, Kumar M, Malhi P, Kumar R. Utility of the WHO Ten Questions Screen for Disability Detection in a Rural Community--the North Indian Experience. J Trop Pediatr 2007; 53(6):383-7.
65. Jha P, Jacob B, Kumar R. Relaible measurement of the causes of mortality in developing countries. International Journal of Epidemiology 2007; 36: 651-653.
66. Sagar V, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, Menon T, Chakraborti A.DRS is far less divergent than streptococcal inhibitor of complement of group A streptococcus. J Bacteriol 2007;189: 2933-5.
67. Kumar R, Jha P, Arora P, Mony P, Bhatia P, Milson P, Dhingra N, Bhattacharya M, Remis R, Negelkerke N for ISHA Investigators. Trends in HIV-I in young adults in south India from 2000 to 2004: a prevalence study. Lancet 2006; 367:1164-72.
68. Jha P, Kumar R, Vasa P, Dhingra N, Thiruchelvan D, Moineddin R. Low male-to-female sex ratio of children born in India: national survey of 1.1 million household. Lancet 2006; 367: 211-218.
69. Sharma M, Shah B, Dhaliwal RS, Kumar R, Brahmadathan KN, Vohra H, Chakraborti A, Joseph A, Ganguly NK. Heterogeneity of community based pediatric GAS isolates from India: Challenges to the multivalent vaccine approach. International Congress Series 2006;1289:49-53.
70. Jha P, Gajalakshmi V, Gupta PC, Kumar R, Money P, Dhingra N, Peto R and RGI-CGHR Prospective Study Collaborators.Prospective study of one million deaths in India: Rationale, Design, and validation results.PLoS Med2006; 3: e18.
71. Dey N, McMillan DJ, Yarwood PJ, Joshi RM, Kumar R, Good MF, Sriparkash KS, Vohra H. High diversity of Group A Streptococcal emm types in an Indian community: the need to tailor multivalent vaccine. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005, 40: 46-51.
72. Vohra H, Dey N, Gupta S, Sharma AK, Kumar R, McMillan D, Good MF. M protein conserved region antibodies opsonise multiple strains of Streptococcus pyogenes with sequence variations in C-repeats. Res Microbiol 2005;156:575-82.
73. Kumar R, Sharma M, Srivastva A, Thakur JS, Jindal SK, Parwana HK. Association of Outdoor Air Pollution with Chronic Respiratory Morbidity in an Industrial Town in Northern India. Archives of Environmental Health 2004; 59: 471-477.
74. Sagar V, Bakshi DK, Nandi S, Ganguly NK, Kumar R, Chakraborti A. Molecular heterogeneity among north Indian isolates of Group A Streptococcus. Letters in Applied Microbiology 2004; 39(1):84-8.
75. Kumar R, Bandyopadhyay S, Aggarwal AK, Khullar M. Relation between birth weight and blood pressure among 7-8 year old rural children in India. International Journal of Epidemiology, 2004, 33; 87-91.
76. Joshi K, Avasthi A, Kumar R. Morbidity profile and its relationship with disability and health perception among elderly in northern India. International Journal of Epidemiology, 2003, 32: 978-987.
77. Kumar R. The immunization programme in India: current practices and challenges. Vaccines: Children & Practice, 2003, 6: 9-11.
78. Nandi S, Chakraborti A, Bakshi DK, Rani A, Kumar R, Ganguly NK. Association of pyrogenic exotoxin genes with pharyngitis and rheumatic fever/ rheumatic heart disease among Indian isolates of Streptococcus pyogenes. Letters in Applied Microbiology 2002, 35: 237-241.
79. Kumar R. The impact of group A streptococcal diseases. Vaccines: Children & Practice 2002; 5: 5.
80. Anandhi CL, Nagaraj VK, Kumar R. Knowledge and practice pattern of non-allopathic indigenous medical practitioners regarding tuberculosis in a rural area of India. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases 2002; 6: 553-555.
81. Nagraj A, Nagraj VK, Kumar R. Role of indigenous medical practitioners (IMPs) in reproductive health in rural India. Tropical Doctor 2001; 31:251-2.
82. Gupta D, Aggarwal AN, Kumar R, Jindal SK. Prevalence of bronchial asthma and association with environmental tobacco smoke exposure in adolescent school children in Chandigarh, North India. Journal of Asthma 2001; 38: 501-507.
83. Nandi S, Kumar R, Ray P, Vohra H, Ganguly NK. Group A streptococcal sore throat in a peri-urban population of northern India: a one-year prospective study. Bulletin of World Health Organization 2001; 79:528-33.
84. Malhotra P, Kumari S, Kumar R, Jain S, Sharma BK. Prevalence and risk factors of hypertension and insulin resistance in an un-industrialised rural population of north India. Journal of Human Hypertension, 1999, 13; 467-472.
85. Devi R, Singh MM, Kumar R, Walia I. An effective manual on breast self examination. World Health Forum 1998; 19: 388-389.
86. Malhotra P, Kumari S, Kumar R, Jain S, Sharma BK. Hypertension and insulin resistance in a native unindustrialised rural population of India. International Journal of Cardiology 1998; 65: 91-99.
87. Gupta S, Aggarwal AK, Singh MM, Ranjana, Kaur A, Kumar R. Vitamin A deficiency (VAD) - still a major problem among the underpriviledged population. Sight and Life 1998; 1: 23-25.
88. Girish CS, Singh S, Kohli A, Kumar R. Knowledge and attitude regarding HIV/AIDS in children from coeducational school of Chandigarh, North India. ActaPaediatrica1998; 87:713.
89. Kumar R. Effectiveness of training traditional birth attendants for management of asphyxia neonatorum using resuscitation equipment. Perinatal and Neonatal Medicine 1998; 3: 225-260.
90. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK. Body temperature of home delivered newborns in northern India. Tropical Doctor 1998, 28: 134-136.
91. Chowdhury S, Ganguly NK, Kumar L, Kumar R, Verma M. Dynamics of conjunctival impression cytologic changes after vitamin A supplementation. British Journal of Nutrition 1997; 77: 863-869.
92. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK, Kaur M, Iyengar SD. Factors influencing psychosocial development of preschool children in a rural community of Haryana. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1997; 43: 324-329.
93. Kumar R, Kaur M, Aggarwal AK, Mahandiratta L. Reproductive tract infections - and associated difficulties. World Health Forum 1997; 18: 80-82.
94. Chaudhary S, Verma M, Dhawan V, Nain CK, Kumar R, Kumar L, Ganguly NK. Plasma vitamin A, zinc and selenium concentrations in children with acute and persistent diarrhoea. Journal of Diarrhoeal Disease Research 1996; 14: 190-193.
95. Malhotra P, Kumar R, Kumari S, Singh MM. Dysglycaemia and risk of cardiovascular disease [letter]. Lancet 1996; 347: 1833-5.
96. Chowdhury S, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, Kumar L, Nain CK, Walia BNS. Conjunctival impression cytology with transfer (CICT) to detect pre-clinical vitamin A deficiency among slum children in India. British Journal of Nutrition 1996, 75: 785-790.
97. Kumar R. Training traditional birth attendants for resuscitation of newborns. Tropical Doctor 1995; 25: 29-30.
98. Kumar R. Strategies for control of rheumatic heart disease in developing countries. World Health Forum 1995; 16: 47-51.
99. Kumar R, Iyengar S, Bhasin S, Gupta I, Kumar V. A normative study of child development using a culture-appropriate test battery in rural Haryana, India. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1995, 41: 38-42.
100. Kumar R. Birth asphyxia in a rural community of north India. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1995, 41: 5-7
101. Kumar R. Effect of training on the resuscitation practices of Traditional Birth Attendants. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1994, 88; 159-160.
102. Kumar R. Streamlined records benefit maternal and child health care. World Health Forum 1993; 14: 305-307.
103. WHO Cardiovascular Diseases Unit, Kumar R, et al. WHO programme for the prevention of rheumatic fever/rheumatic heart disease in 16 developing countries: report from Phase I (1986-90). Bulletin of World Health Organization 1992; 70: 213-218.
104. Kumar R, Kumar V. Poliomyelitis control by annual immunisation campaigns with oral polio-virus vaccine in a rural area of India. Tropical Geographical Medicine 1991; 43: 215-219
105. Kumar V, Kumar R, Khurana JL. Assessment of the effect of training on management of acute diarrhoea in primary health care setting. Journal of Diarrhoeal Diseases Research 1989; 7: 70-76.
106. Kumar R, Sharma AK, Barik S, Kumar V. Maternal mortality inquiry in a rural community of North India. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 1989; 29: 313-320.
107. Kumar V, Kumar R, Raina N. Oral rehydration therapy in reducing diarrhoea related mortality in rural India. Journal of Diarrhoeal Diseases Research 1987; 5: 159-164.
108. Kumar R, Gupta M, Prinja S. Illness burden, care seeking, and treatment cost among less than 2-year-olds in rural Haryana. Indian Journal of Paediatrics 2014 May 31
109. Mahajan R, Malik M, Bharathi AV, Lakshmi PVM, Patro BK, Rana SK, Kumar R. Reproducibility and validity of a quantitative food frequency questionnaire in an urban andrural area of north India. National Medical Journal of India 2013;26:266-272
110. Prinja S, Jeet G, Verma R, Kumar D, Bahuguna P, Kaur M, Kumar R. Economic analysis of delivering primary health care services through community health workers in 3 North Indian states. PLoS One 2014 Mar 13;9(3):e91781.
111. Prinja S, Manchanda N, Aggarwal AK, Kaur M, Bharaj G, Kumar R. Cost and efficiency evaluation of a publicly financed and publicly delivered referral transport service model in three districts of Haryana State, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2013;138(6):1003-11.
112. Chakraborti A, Sekhar S, Singhi S, Kumar D, Prinja S, Gupta M, Kumar R. Feasibility of laboratory-based surveillance for childhood pneumonia and meningitis in hospital of districts. Journal of Communicable Diseases 2013;45:125-136.
113. Kaur M, SodhiSK, KaurP, SinghJ, Kumar R. Gender differences in health care seeking behaviour of tuberculosis patients in Chandigarh. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2013;60:217-22.
114. Prinja S, Manchanda N, Mohan P, Gupta G, Sen A, Hombergh HV, Kumar R. Cost of neonatal intensive care delivered through district level public hospitals in India. Indian Pediatr. 2013;50:765-74.
115. Prinja S, Kumar MI, Pinto AD, Jan S, Kumar R. Equity in hospital services utilisation in India. Economic and Political Weekly 2013; XLVIII; 12:52-58
116. Godura S, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R, Bhatia P. Factors influencing household level municipal solid waste practices in urban areas of North and South India: A cross-sectional study. Waste Management 2012; 32: 1728-1731
117. Thakur JS, Bains P, Kar SS, Wadhwa S, Moirangthem P, Kumar R, Wadwalker S, Sharma Y. Integrated healthy workplace model an experience from Northern Indian Industry. Indian J Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2012;16(3):108-13.
118. Prinja S, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R, Kanavos P. User charges in health care: Evidence of effect on service utilization & equity from north India.Indian Journal of Medical Research 2012;136(5):868-76
119. Prinja S, GursimarJeet, Kumar R. Validity of self reported morbidity. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2012;136(5):722-4.
120. Lal S, Kumar R, Prinja S, Singh GPI. Postgraduate teaching and evaluation in community medicine: challenges ahead. Indian Journal of Social and Preventive Medicine 2011;42:221-225
121. Prinja S, Kanavos P, Kumar R. Health Care Inequities in North India: Role of Public Sector in Universalizing Health Care. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2012;136: 421-431.
122. Singhi S, Gupta M, Kumar D, Kumar R. Outcome of meningitis among less than 2-year-old children in Haryana. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2012; Apr.
123. Shah B, Sharma M, Kumar R, Brahmadathan KN, Abraham VJ, Tandon R. Rheumatic Heart Disease: Progress and Challenges in India. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2012; Sept:
124. Kumar R. Involvement of Young Doctors in the Rural Health Services of India. Indian Journal of Public Health 2012;56:1-3.
125. Prinja S, Kaur M, Kumar R. Universal Health Insurance in India: Ensuring equity, efficiency and quality. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2012;37:142-149.
126. Singh PK, Kuar M, Jaswal N, Kumar R. Impact of Policy Initiatives on Civil Registration System in Haryana. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2012;37:122-125.
127. Mathew BS, Fleming DH, Gupta M, Kumar R, Kumar D, Chandy SJ, Balraj V. An objective measure of antibiotic use for febrile illness in a rural paediatric population using high performance liquid chromatography. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2012;131:723-725.
128. Kumar R, Chakrabarti A, Aggarwa AK, Vohra H, Sagar V, Dhanda V, Sharma YP, Majumdar S, Hoe N, Krause RM. Epidemiological surveillance of Streptococcus pyogenes pharyngitis and impetigo in a rural area of Panchkula District in Haryana, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2011;135:133-136.
129. Kumar D, Kumar R. Changing paradigm of medical ethics in India. Social Medicine 2011;5&6:2-7.
130. Singh SK, Kaur R, Gupta M, Kumar R. Is National Rural Health Mission having any Impact on Perinatal Mortality in Rural India? Indian Pediatrics 15 August, 2011 pii:S097475591100161-2.
131. Gupta M, Prinja S, Kumar D, Kumar R. Introducing pentavalent vaccine in EPI in India: A counsel for prudence in interpreting scientific literature. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2011;133:560-2.
132. Goel S, Dogra V, Gupta SK, Lakshmi PVM, Varkey S, Pradhan N, Krishna G, Kumar R. Effectiveness of MuskaanEkAbhiyan (The Smile Campaign) for Strengthening Routine Immunization in Bihar State of India. Indian Pediatrics 2011;Mar 15. pii: S097475591000354-1
133. Kumar D, Taneja N, Gill HS, Kumar R. Vibrio Cholerae O1 Ogawa Serotype Outbreak in a Village of Ambala District in Haryana, India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2011;36:66-8.
134. Dhanda V, Vohra H, Kumar R. Virulence Potential of Group A Streptococci isolated from throat cultures of children from North India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2011;133:674-681.
135. Lenka SR, Thakur JS, Jha P, Kumar R. Performance of Audio-assisted Confidential Voting Interview for Assessment of Sexual Behaviour among Young Adults in Chandigarh Union Territory. Indian Journal of Public Health 2011;55:30-33
136. Narain J and Kumar R. Priority areas for research in communicable diseases. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2010;35:i-ii
137. Dhanda V, Vohra H, Kumar R. Group Astreotococcus virulence factor genes in North India and their association with emm type in pharyngitis. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2011;133:110-5.
138. Dhanda V, Thakur JS, Kumar R, Chakraborti A. emmtype distribution pattern of group A streptococcus in north India during 1995 to 2007; need for a new preventive strategy. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2010;132(6):741-4.
139. Kumar R, Sharma SK , Thakur JS, Lakshmi PVM , Sharma MK , Singh T. Association of Air Pollution and Mortality in Ludhiana city of India: A Time Series Study. Indian Journal of Public Health 2010;54:98-103.
140. Anand K, Yadav K, Kaur M, Kumar R. Epidemiology to Pubic Health Interventions for Preventing Cardio-Vascular Diseases: The Role of Translational Research. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2010:132;664-650.
141. Kumar R, Singh SK, Dikid T. Maternal mortality trends in India: Has policy of promoting institutional delivery paid off? Indian Journal of Medical Research 2010; 132:458-459.
142. Kar S, Thakur JS, Virdi N, Jain S, Kumar R. Risk Factors of Cardio-Vascular Diseases: Is Social Gradient Reversing in an Area of North India? National Medical Journal of India 2010;23:206-9.
143. Kumar R, Virdi NK, Lakshmi PVM, Garg R, Bhattacharya M, Khera AK. The Utility of Prevention of Parent-to-Child Transmission (PPTCT) Program Data for HIV Surveillance in General Population of India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2010;132:256-9
144. Gupta M, Kumar R, Deb AK, Bhattacharya SK, Bose A, John J, Balraj V, Ganguly NK, Kant L, Kapoor AN, Watt J, Shearer J, Santosham M, Hib study working group. Multi-center surveillance for pneumonia & meningitis among children (less than 2 yr) for Hib vaccine probe trial preparation in India.Indian Journal of Medical Research 2010;131:649-58.
145. Thakur JS, Lenka S, Bhardwaj S, Kumar R. Why youth smoke? An exploratory community based study from Chandigarh Union Territory of Northern India. Indian Cancer Journal 2010;47(Supplement 1):S44-S47.
146. Kumar R. HIV down, but not out yet. Indian J Community Med 2010;35:7-9.
147. Kumar R. Journal, Association, and Public Health in Medical Colleges. Indian J Community Med 2010;35:1-2.
148. Dikid T, Bhalla P, Thakur JS, Kumar R. Epidemiology of Hypertension in India. Annals of National Academy of Medical Sciences 2010;46(1):11-23.
149. Muliyil JP, Bhan MK, Bhattacharya SK, Kant L, Arora NK, Santosham M, Cherian T, Dutta A, John J, Jafari H, Thacker N, Padmanaban, Senthilmazhan M, Suresh S, Kapoor AN, Clark A, Hajjeh R, Bose A, Kumar R, et al. NTAGI subcommittee recommendations on Haemophilusinfluenzae type b (Hib) vaccine introduction in India. Indian Pediatr 2009;46:945-954
150. Lakshmi PVM, Kumar R, Ray P, Varma S. An outbreak of food born illness in a medical institution of Chandigarh. Journal of Communicable Diseases 2009;41:293-295
151. Kumar R, Vohra H,Chakraborty A, SharmaYP, BandhopadhyaS, DhandaV, SagarV, SharmaM, ShahB, GangulyNK. Epidemiology of Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis and Impetigo: A Cross Sectional and Follow-up Study in a Rural Community of Northern India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2009; 130: 765-771.
152. Dikid T, Hapalya SS, Thakur JS, Taneja N, Thapar R, Kumar R. Salmonella food poisoning outbreak in Kharar town of Punjab. Indian Journal of Public Health 2009; 265
153. Narain JP, Kumar R, Bhatia R. Pandemic (H1N1) 2009: Epidemiological, Clinical, and Prevention Aspects. National Medical Journal of India 2009; 22: 126-131
154. Prinja S, Kumar S, Reddy GMM, Ratho RK, Kumar R. Investigation of viral hepatitis E outbreak in a town in Haryana. Journal of Communicable Diseases 2008; 40: 249-254.
155. Kumar R, Kaur M, Jha P. Universalizing access to primary health care in India. Indian Journal of Public Health 2009; 53: 22-27.
156. Bali S, Kar SS, Kumar S, Ratho RK, Dhiman RK, Kumar R. Hepatitis E Epidemic with Bimodal Peak in a Town of North India. Indian Journal of Public Health 2008; 52: 189-193.
157. Kumar R. Academic community medicine in 21st century: opportunities and challenges. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2009; 34: 1-2.
158. Kumar R, Prinja S, Lakshmi PVM. Health Care Seeking Behaviour of Adolescents: Comparative Study of Two Service Delivery Models. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 2008; 75: 895-9.
159. Kumar R. Re-vitalize primary health care for confronting current public health challenges. Indian Journal of Community Medicine, 2008; 33: 1-2.
160. Kar SS, Thakur JS, Jain S, Kumar R. Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management in a Primary Health Care Setting of North India. Indian Heart Journal 2008; 60: 19-25.
161. Nandi S, Ganguly NK, Kumar R, Bakshi DK, Sagar V, Chakraborti A. Genotyping of group A streptococcus by various molecular methods. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2008;127: 71-77
162. Kumar R. Making right to health a reality in India. Indian Journal of Public Health 2007; 51:142-145.
163. Lakshmi PVM, Gupta N, Kumar R. Psychosocial predictors of adolescent sexual behavior. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2007; 74: 923-926.
164. Kumar A, Sidhu P, Nautiyal J, Rautray TR, Sudarshan M, Kumar R, Singh N, Garg ML, Dhawan DK. Elemental analysis of aerosol samples collected from an industrial and a non-industrial town of Punjab (India) using PIXE technique. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering 2007; 49: 41-47.
165. Kumar R. Public-Private Partnership for Health Care: Competition or Collaboration? Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2006;31(4):285.
166. Grover A, Kumar R, Jindal SK. Socio-demographic determinants of treatment seeking behaviour among chest symptomatics. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2006, 31: 145-149.
167. Thakur JS, Kar SS, Sehgal A, Kumar R. Private sector involvement in tuberculosis control in Chandigarh. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 2006; 53:149-153
168. Kumar R, Thakur JS, Rao BT, Singh MM, Bhatia SP. Validity of verbal autopsy in determining causes of adult deaths.Indian Journal of Public Health2006; 50: 90-94.
169. Kumar R, Singh MC, Ahlawat SK, Thakur JS, Srivastava A, Sharma MK, Malhotra P, Bali HK, Kumari S. Urbanisation and coronary heart disease: A study of rural urban differences in Northern India. Indian Heart Journal 2006; 58: 126-130.
170. Aggarwal AN, Chaudhry K, Chhabra SK, DSouza GA, Gupta D, Jindal SK, Katiyar SK, Kumar R, Shah B, Vijayan VK for Asthma Epidemiology Study Group. Prevalence and risk factors for bronchial asthma in Indian adults: A multicentric study. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences 2006; 48: 14-22.
171. Jindal SK, Aggarwal AN, Chaudhry K, Chhabra SK, DSouza GA, Gupta D, Katiyar SK, Kumar R, Shah B, Vijayan VK for Asthma Epidemiology Study Group. A multicentric study on epidemiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and its relationship with tobacco smoking and environmental tobacco smoke exposure. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences 2006; 48: 23-29.
172. Gupta D, Aggarwal AN, Chaudhry K, Chhabra SK, DSouza GA, Jindal SK, Katiyar SK, Kumar R, Shah B, Vijayan VK for Asthma Epidemiology Study Group. Household environmental tobacco smoke exposure, respiratory symptoms and asthma in non-smoker adults: A multicentric population study from India. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences 2006; 48: 31-36.
173. Jindal SK, Aggarwal AN, Chaudhry K, Chhabra SK, DSouza GA, Gupta D, Katiyar SK, Kumar R, Shah B, Vijayan VK for Asthma Epidemiology Study Group. Tobacco smoking in India: Prevalence, quit rates and respiratory morbidity. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences 2006; 48: 37-42.
174. Rao P, Joshi K, Mishra B, Ratho RK, Kumar R. An outbreak of Japanese encephalitis in Haryana.
J Commun Dis 2005; 37:78-81
175. Bandyopadhyay S, Thakur JS, Ray P, Kumar R. High prevalence of bacteriuria in pregnancy and its screening methods in north India. Indian Med Assoc 2005;103: 259-62, 266.
176. Lamsal S, Walia I, Kumar R, Kaur B. Health history of the street children of Chandigarh (UT), India. Nursing and Midwifery Research Journal, 2005; 1: 89-95
177. Ratho RK, Mishra B, Singh T, Rao P, Kumar R. Measles outbreak in a migrant population. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 2005; 72: 893-894.
178. Parwej S. Kumar R, Walia IJ, Aggarwal AK. Reproductive health education intervention trial. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 2005; 72: 287-291.
179. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Syndromic management of vaginal discharge and pelvic inflammatory disease among women in a rural community of Haryana, India: Agreement of syndromic inquiry with clinical diagnosis. J Commun Dis, 2004; 36: 1-11.
180. Kumar R. Strengthen epidemiological surveillance: the backbone of public health. Indian Journal of Public Health, 2004, 48: 166-168.
181. Joshi K, Avasthi A, Kumar R. Assessment of health related quality of life among elderly in northern India. Health and Population Perspectives and Issues, 2003: 26: 141-153.
182. Malhotra P, Kumari S, Kumar R, Varma S. Prevalence of anemia in adult rural population of North India. Journal of Physicians of India 2004, 52: 18-20.
183. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R, Kumar P. Early neonatal mortality in a Hilly North Indian state: Socio-demographic factors and treatment seeking pattern. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 2003; 1&2: 46-52.
184. Bandopadhayay S, Kumar R, Singhi S. Are primary health workers skilled enough to assess the severity of illness among young infants?Indian Pediatrics 2003; 40: 713-718.
185. Kumar R. Integrated management of childhood illnesses (IMCI) strategy: opportunities and challenges. Indian Journal of Public Health 2003; 47: 1-6.
186. Grover A, Kumar R, Jindal SK. Treatment seeking behaviour of chest symptomatics in north India. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2003; 50: 87-94.
187. Bandyopadhyay S, Thakur JS, Kumar R. Recent guidelines in the treatment of malaria. Drugs Bulletin, 2003; 27: 20-30.
188. Mohan B, Dubey ML, Malla N, Kumar R. Seroepidemiological study of toxoplasmosis in different sections of population of Union Territory of Chandigarh. Journal of Communicable Diseases, 2002; 34: 15-22.
189. Kumar R, Jain N, Bhakoo ON.Reducing neonatal mortality through primary newborn care.Journal of Neonatology, 2002; 16 (2): 15-23.
190. Bhakoo ON, Kumar R, Singh A. Facilities required for primary care (level-1) for newborn infants. Journal of Neonatology, 2002; 16 (2): 9-14.
191. Kumar R. Prevention of maternal mortality: Why success eludes us? Indian Journal of Public Health 2002; 46: 3-7.
192. Kumar R. Operations Research in Health Care: Concepts and Methodologies. Indian Journal of Community Medicine, 2002; 27; 136-139.
193. Ahlawat SK, Singh MMC, Kumar R, Kumari S, Sharma BK. Time trends in the prevalence of hypertension and associated risk factors in Chandigarh. Journal of Indian Medical Association, 2002; 100: 547-555 & 572.
194. Chowdhury S, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, Kumar L, Walia BNS. Effect of vitamin A supplementation on childhood morbidity and mortality. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 2002; 56: 259-264.
195. Nandi S, Kumar R, Ray P, Vohra H, Ganguly NK. Clinical score card for diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal sore throat.Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2002, 69: 471-475.
196. Kumar R, Raizada A, Aggarwal AK, Ganguly NK. Community based RF/RHD Cohort: Twelve year experience. Indian Heart Journal 2002, 54:54-58.
197. Bandyopadhyay S, Kumar R. Role of chemoprophylaxis in tuberculosis. Current Medical Journal-North India 2001; 7(8): 37-42.
198. Ahlawat S, Kumar R, Roy P, Varma S, Sharma BK. Meningococcal meningitis control strategies. Journal of Communicable Diseases 2001; 34: 264-274.
199. Prasad VS, Duggal M, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Animal bite management practices: A survey of health care providers in a community development block of Haryana. Journal of Communicable Diseases, 2001; 33: 266-273.
200. Grover A, Raizada A, Kumar R. Vitamin A deficiency. Current Medical Journal North Zone 2001, 7: 19-24.
201. Joshi K, Raizada A, Mishra P, Kumar R, Varma S. Outbreak of tuberculosis in an ashram of district Panchkula, Haryana. Lung India 2000, 18: 126-130.
202. Kumar R, Thakur JS, Aggarwal AK. Effect of continuing education on the knowledge and practices of traditional birth attendants about maternal and neonatal care. Indian Journal of Public Health, 2000, 44: 118-123.
203. Prasad SS, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Cyber public health. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2000, 25: 191-194.
204. Prasad SS, Duggal M, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R, Devidayal. Intensive pulse polio immunization workers and vaccine vial monitors. National Medical Journal of India 2001; 14: 59.
205. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK, Raizada A, Prasad VS. Coverage of pulse polio immunization in Haryana state. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2001, 26: 31-36.
206. Raizada A, Prasad VS, Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Morbidity profile in primary care clinics. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2000, 34:131-134.
207. Kumar R, Raizada A, Aggarwal AK, Kaur M. Adolscent behaviour regarding reproductive health. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 2000, 67: 877-882.
208. Aggarwal AK, Prakash KP, Bandyopadhyay S, Joshi K, Kar M, Kumar R. Morbidity pattern among primary school children in rural Haryana. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, 2000; 34: 102-105.
209. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Impact of health education on the knowledge of angannwari workers regarding rheumatic fever/ rheumatic heart disease. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 2000, 31: 9-14.
210. Anand R, Gupta A, Ram J, Singh U, Kumar R. Visual outcome following cataract surgery in rural Punjab. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2000; 48: 153-158.
211. Kumar R, Ganguly NK. Group A beta haemolytic streptococcal infections and their sequalae. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2000, 34: 1-3.
212. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Long-term effect of Integrated Child Development Services on behaviour and academic achievements of children. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2000; 25: 124-128.
213. Anandhi CL, Nagaraj VK, Kumar R. Distribution and characteristics of private medical practitioners and their role in reproductive health in a rural area of Haryana. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 1999, 30: 120-123.
214. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R, Gupta V, Sharma M. Community based study of reproductive tract infections among ever married women of reproductive age in a rural area of Haryana, India. Journal of Communicable Diseases, 1999; 31: 223-228.
215. Singh MM, Devi R, Walia I, Kumar R. Breast self-examination for early detection of breast cancer. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 1999; 53: 120-126.
216. Prasad VS, Raizada A, Kumar R. Newer vaccines - an overview. Current Medical Journal of Northern India 1999, 5: 57-62.
217. Gosh D, Dhadwal D, Aggarwal AK, Mitra S, Garg SK, Kumar R, Kaur B. Investigation of an epidemic of Reyes Syndrome in northern region of India. Indian Pediatrics1999, 36: 1097-1106.
218. Loveleen, Kumar R, Walia IJ. Menstrual problem of adolescence. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, 1999, 33: 106-108.
219. Thakur K, Malhotra P, Walia IJ, Kumar R. Health awareness and treatment compliance of high blood pressor among women in a peri-urban colony of Chandigarh, India. Journal of Indian Medical Association, 1999, 97: 217-219.
220. Kumar R, Family planning to reproductive health: the paradigm shift (editorial). Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health 1999, 10: 21-23.
221. Kumar R, Singh MM, Kaur M. Dynamics of contraceptive use in a rural community of Haryana. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 1999, 53: 201-211.
222. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Medical audit of low birth weight and antenatal care practices in rural Haryana. Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health 1998; 3&4: 68-71.
223. Sharma BK, Singh S, Kumar R, Gupta A, Bambery P. Epidemic Dropsy (symposium). Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 1998; 32: 130-135.
224. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK. Prevalence and risk factors of symptoms related to reproductive tract diseases among rural women of northern Haryana. TheJournal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India1988; 48: 68-72.
225. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Low birth weight prevalence and antenatal care practices in a rural area of Haryana. Indian Pediatrics1998; 35: 1031.
226. Nagraj VK, Singh MM, Ray P, Kumar R, Varma S. Outbreak of meningococcal meningitis outbreak in Baddi village. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 1998; 32:90-92.
227. Kaur K, Singh MM, Kumar R, Walia I. Knowledge and self care practices of diabetics in a resettlement colony of Chandigarh. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, 1998; 52: 341-347.
228. Singh MM, Gupta S, Thakur JS, Kumar R, Ray P, Jain S. Cholera in a peri-urban slum colony near Chandigarh. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and ResearchI 1998; 32: 59-62.
229. Kumar R, Thakur JS, Aggarwal AK. Compliance of secondary prophylaxis for controlling rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease in a rural area of Northern India. Indian Heart Journal, 1997; 49: 283-288.
230. Kumar R. Injections to speed up labour and birth asphyxia [letter]. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 1997; 22.
231. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK. Rapid survey for measuring the level and causes of maternal mortality. Indian Journal of Community Medicine 1997; 22: 16-21.
232. Kumar R, Singh MC, Kaur M. Impact of health centre availability on utilisation of maternity care and pregnancy outcome in a rural area of Haryana. Journal of Indian Medical Association 1997; 95: 448-450.
233. Malhotra P, Singh MM, Kumar R, Kumari S. Coronary health disease and its risk factors in first-gneration immigrant Asian Indians to the United States of America [Letter]. Indian Heart Journal 1996; 48: 737.
234. Aggarwal AK, Kumar R. Awareness about AIDS among school children in Haryana. Indian Journal of Public Health 1996; 40: 38-45.
235. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK. Accuracy of maternal perception of neonatal temperature. Indian Pediatrics 1996, 33: 583-585.
236. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK. Physical growth of rural pre-school children in Haryana. Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health 1996; 7: 16-19.
237. Kumar R. Tuberculosis: a neglected epidemic [Editorial]. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 1995, 29: 92-93.
238. Kumar R. A community-based case-control study of birth asphyxia risk factors. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 1995, 26: 53-60.
239. Mehndiratta L, Kumar R, Walia IJ. The life style of adolescents during menstruation. Bulletin of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 1995, 29: 98-101.
240. Kumar R, Aggarwal AK, Iyengar SD. Nutritional status of children: validity of mid-upper arm circumference for screening undernutrition. Indian Pediatrics 1996; 33: 189-196.
241. Kumar R, Singh MC, Kaur A, Kaur M. Reproductive health behaviour of rural women in Haryana. Journal of Indian Medical Association 1995; 93: 129-131.
242. Kumar R. Controlling tobacco use. Economic and Political Weekly 1994; 29: 1841.
243. Bhatia V, Kumar R, Uppal R. Drug usage pattern at Anganwadisin Raipur Rani Block, Haryana. Indian Pediatrics 1994, 31; 76- 79.
244. Kaur A, Chaudhury S, Kumar R. Mothers belief and practices regarding prevention and management of diarrhoeal diseases among children. Indian Pediatrics 1994; 31: 55-57.
245. Kumar R. Maternal mortality in a north Indian community- estimation by an indirect method. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India 1993; 43: 221-224.
246. Iyengar SD, Grover A, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, Wahi PL. Participation of health workers, school teachers and pupils in the control of rheumatic fever: evaluation of a training programme. Indian Pediatrics 1992; 29: 875-881.
247. Kumar R, Bhatia V, Dudhala BS. Outbreak of hepatitis in a village near Chandigarh. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 1992; 23: 1-3.
248. Kumar R, Singhi S. Risk factors for stillbirths in a rural community of Haryana. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1992; 59: 459-465.
249. Iyengar SD, Grover A, Kumar R, Ganguly NK, Anand IS, Wahi PL. A rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease control programme in a rural community of north India. National Medical Journal of India 1991; 4: 268-271.
250. Khajuria R, Grover A, Kumar R, Verma JS, Bidwai PS. Mothers perception of congenital heart disease. Indian Pediatrics 1991; 28: 283-286.
251. Kumar R, Singh A, Kumar V. Survey of village informants- an alternate method to estimate paralytic poliomyelitis prevalence in rural area. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1991; 58: 239- 243.
252. Bakoo ON, Kumar R. Primary newborn care [Editorial]. Indian Journal of Mother and Child Health 1990; 1: 36-38.
253. Kumar R, Singh A, Iyengar SD, Kumar V. Poliomyelitis in Community Development Block Chhachhrouli, Haryana. Indian Pediatrics 1990; 27: 1307-1310
254. Kumar R, Khosla RK, Kumar V. Comparative study of out-reach immunisation strategies in rural area. Indian Pediatrics 1990; 27: 1165-1169.
255. Singhi S, Kumar R, Raina N, Kumar V. Determinants of infant and child mortality in rural area of Haryana. Indian Journal of Pediatrics1989; 56: 753-763.
256. Kumar V, Kumar R, Raina N. Impact of oral rehydration therapy on maternal beliefs and practices related to acute diarrhoea. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1989; 56: 219-225.
257. Khajuria R, Datta N, Kumar R, et al. Impact of annual immunisation programme with oral polio vaccine on the revalence of paralytic poliomyelitis in a rural community of Haryana. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1989; 56: 3433-347.
258. Kumar V, Kumar R, Mathur VN, et al. Neonatal tetanus in a rural community of Haryana. Indian Pediatrics 1988; 25: 167-169.
259. Kumar V, Singhi SC, Kumar R, Raina N. Improving access to MCH care facilities within health infrastructure. Indian Pediatrics 1988; 25: 515-22.
260. Kumar R, Kumar V. Effect of physical work during pregnancy on birth weight (annotation). Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1987; 54: 805-809.
261. Kumar R, Lal S. Mothers reaction to the services of Integrated Child Development Services Scheme. Health and Population- Perspectives and Issues 1985; 8: 117-122.
Chapter in Books
262. Gupta M, Kaur M, Sharma A, Kumar R. Heath care seeking behavior of people living with HIV/AIDS in Chandigarh. In: Chidambaranathan C, Mary IJ, ed. AIDS causes and cure. Jaipur: Aavishkar Publishers, 2014.
263. Kumar R, Kumar D. Mental health program. In: Chavan BS, ed. Community Psychiatry. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, India; 2012.
264. Shaukat M, Reddy DCS, Haldar P, Kumar R. HIV/AIDS in India: the epidemic and national response. In: Narain JP (ed). Three Decades of HIV/AIDS in Asia. New Delhi: Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd., 2012.
265. Kaur M, Aggarwal AK, Jaswal N, Bharti B, Kumar R. Formative research for designing health communication strategy on pneumonia in Chandigarh. In: Chidambaranathan C, Mary IJ (ed.). Public health in India. Jaipur: Avishkar Publishers, 2011.
266. Kumar R, Kumar D. Translation of research evidence to policy for Non Communicable Diseases prevention and control. In: Proceedings of South-East Asia Regional Conference on Epidemiology. New Delhi: World Health Organisation, Regional Office for South-East Asia Region, 2011.
267. Kumar R. Adolescent, Biology, Health and Nutrition. In: Bhagbanprakash (ed). Adolescence and Life Skills. Commonwealth Youth Programme, Asia Center. New Delhi, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, 2003.
268. Sehgal A, Singh AJ, Kumar R, Gupta I. An epidemiological study of gynecological morbidity in a rural community of Haryana, India. In: Roberts JH and Vlassoff C (ed). Female client and the health care provider. Ottawa: International Development Research Center, 1995.
269. Aggarwal AK, Gupta SS, Kumar R. Social and economic consequences of AIDS. In: Bansal ML (Ed.), AIDS: abc to xyz. Chandigarh, Current Medical Journal, 1988.